Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

I've Passed the Point of No Return.

It is incredible to watch and be a part of what the Lord is doing and encountering Him. And that is what is most remarkable - I get to be a part of what He is doing right now. Around City Church, we have been calling and declaring 2012 as the year of testimony. Chad Norris spoke today for the last official Sunday of Crossroad Community Church before everything changes over to City Church next week. As he spoke, Chad discussed how although the Lord can do anything He wants to, He desires to do it with us and will do it through the people who say yes to Him, even if they feel like average Joe's - that's all the Lord has. He spoke about how we have to value courage more than competency because Jesus does. He'll give you a thin window to jump through, and in those moments, it is about taking the jump and going for the window, not about how well you execute it. David had to throw the stones at Goliath; they didn't come streaming from heaven. Likewise, if we want to see and be a part of what the Father is doing, we have to pick up the stones and throw them to take down the Goliaths in our lives. Chad further spoke of how Jesus was not just a good teacher but a demonstrator and said that "the days of proclamation without demonstration are over." The people who put in the work and the time are the ones who have the testimonies. It's not legalism. When you are in love, you want to be with that person all the time and do anything for them. So as you press in, you get more - more revelation, more encounter, more testimonies.

Saying, "Yes, Lord. Here I am. Send me." And then watching what He does with you.

This morning, I sat in church with an awesome testimony of healing or encounter for everyday this week. I could actually say that that has been true for the last two weeks, that I can clearly recall. I asked the Lord about how I could share them, because they only continue to bring Him glory if they are shared and when they are shared, they open the chance for those who hear the testimony to receive it for themselves and encounter the Lord. I struggled with the notion of walking with them and not wanting to just be this person that has something to say all the time, but to share it in a way that reflects simply Isaiah 6:8 and what follows those words. I felt the Lord say that I have this blog that is designed to share that story exactly. It has been purposed for this from the beginning, so I can post the testimonies right here and continue to bring Him His due glory for what He is doing and desires to do here in South Carolina or wherever the Wind may take me down the road. With that then, my posts should be more frequent, depending on my schedule, but will be increasingly more testimonies over simply words that hold meaning but lack some demonstration. My new expectation, as set by precedents of these last few weeks and testimonies I have heard, is to have a testimony at the end of each day - at least one.

This reality will only be possible through time with the Father, living surrendered to Him, and because each day, I have to continue to say, "Yes, Lord. Here I am. Send me." On any given day, I can not say that and then in a correlating fashion not see the testimony. But here I am, out of my cage, never looking back and freely flying. I am passed the point of no return. I will not go through a day without an encounter; it's too late for that. Here I am, Lord. Send me.

No comments:

Post a Comment