Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

New Season, New Blog, Same Purpose

Isaiah 6:8 -
"Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, 'Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?'
And I said, 'Here am I. Send me!'"

The Lord is so good. He is so faithful. And He has so much good for me to experience. He has recently brought me into a new season that has been a little bit like gold mining - sifting through parts of me and getting rid of the things that He does not have for me while at the same time finding true treasures of what He does have for me and how He sees me and who He has made me to be. So this blog is beginning as an honorary marker of this new season. The title of the blog is "Isaiah 6:8 Living," which has the same meaning and purpose as my old blog - going wherever the Lord sends me and doing whatever He has for me and loving everybody He puts me in contact with. I just desire to record who the Father is, what He is doing in my life, what He is doing in others' lives, what the Kingdom is, what love looks like, and share the amazing journey and life the Lord has for me, even in the times when I might not understand but know and do choose Him anyways. Or you know, a random thought or funny story in general. Just life in whatever form best fits the occasion.

So that's the dealio. Gosh, I love new seasons. In fact, season changes are always my favorite times of year. I don't know that I love just one season... well actually, I really do love fall a lot, but I LOVE when the season change comes. From the beauty of the colors of fall and the sweatshirt weather and football season to the first couple snowfalls of winter and the fires in fireplaces and hot chocolate and Christmas to the first budding leaves and blooming flowers of spring with the warmer breezes and sunny days and spring rains to the first warm day by or on some water (lake, pool, river, etc...) of summer and classes ending and outdoor adventures picking back up. I really love season changes and all the hope of the new and various things that those changes equate to. I love that the Father gave me a heart that loves change and does well with it. I love that He gave me a heart for season changes so that I don't scorn the change but embrace it for all that it means. And I have a feeling that this season I am beginning to walk into is just going to be ridiculously amazing. So huzzah for the fall to holiday season commencing! Hooray for jeans and sweatshirt weather! Holy moley for just registering for my final semester of college! And hallelujah that all of this is in the Lord's hands and time! Until I have a moment to share some more good stuff of what Papa is up to (because He definitely is up to some things), be blessed; walk in His peace; and dream wildly with Him.

Peace and grace,

Chels

No comments:

Post a Comment