Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Still You Know Me

Where to even begin. I have been in a season of the Father's goodness and kindness. The strange thing is that the things He is doing I still don't know for certain - or they are not set in place yet. But I'll be walking or driving or just thinking and in His presence, I find myself overwhelmed by His kindness. It's one of the most unique seasons I've walked in yet. I am overwhelmed by Him - by His goodness, kindness, and faithfulness - and yet, nothing has really, or officially, happened yet. It's just this constant sense of excitement. For a week now, He has been laughing over me. Kind laughter. Excited laughter of someone who has a great surprise for somebody they care deeply about but can't share what it is yet. That is the laughter I hear. And then I'm wrecked again by His fun-loving goodness.


The season has been "dark" in the very literal sense of not really able to see where I am going to take my next step, but trusting Him. The picture I see when I consider it is that of a Father helping His young daughter learn to walk. You know, where the dad stands over the daughter and He holds her hands that are above her head. They walk together. Perfectly in sync. He is guiding and ensuring that she goes where she needs to. Plus because of the proximity and alignment of the two, the Father cannot take the daughter anywhere where she may get hurt because He would also be in danger of the same risk, or He would run into something with His shins, say a coffee table, before she is able to run into it. So it's this perfect and beautiful time of exploring and learning to walk but perfectly safe and protected and ensured that I am headed exactly where I need to be going. It's such a kind time. (I realize that that word may feel overused, but it completely describes what I am feeling.)


I drove back to Michigan over the weekend for some great friend time and exciting things to celebrate - a wedding and a shower. On my way home on Monday, I was listening to The Loft Sessions by Bethel Music. It came to the song "You Know Me," and I was undone. I must have listened to it 5 times in a row in the car, and then have listened to it multiple times in the last 40 hours as well. The lyrics are absolutely incredible. As I am trusting and in a place of complete peace that the Lord is taking me where I need to be and moving and creating a destiny and future that is perfect just for me, the song is my heart cry. The bridge builds- "And nothing is hidden from Your sight, wherever I go you find me. And You know every detail of my life, and You are God, and You don't miss a thing." And then back into "Ohs" that fill in the gap of any other cry of my heart. It's just a lot of fun to think about and rest in. He literally knows me so well and as He leads, He will give me everything I need right when it is time and it will be perfectly fit for me.

Trusting in and believing in and anticipating this incredible season that Abba has been planning for me and is beginning to unfold. It's just beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment